Skip to content
- A large field fire resulted in six fire engines having to be called to deal with the blaze at Haughley New Street, at Wetherden, yesterday.
- Four fire crews were called to attend the incident at 4.16pm and they were in attendance for nearly two hours to tackle the blaze.
- They came from Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and one from Princes Street, in Ipswich.
- The fire involved approximately six acres of standing crops.
- Fire fighters used an extended hose reel to dampen down and the incident was later scaled down to three appliances.